:56 in 56
Gurnee School District 56 is proud of our video series ":56 in 56" that celebrates our incredible staff and shares the stories of who they are. Each 56-second video focuses on one staff member in our district. The backbone of our District is the outstanding, dedicated staff that work with our students on a daily basis. We hope you enjoy getting to know our staff better as we celebrate those who exemplify the "Spirit of 56." This video celebrates Mrs. Sarah Lill. Please click on her picture to watch her video. To view previous teachers :56 in 56 videos click on View All.
Please come to the District Office to pick up a registration packet. Registration takes place Monday through Thursday from 9:00am - 11:00am. If you have any questions call Patty Santoro at 847-336-0800
District 56 Vision Statement
- Student-centered learning opportunities with an emphasis on background knowledge, reading, writing, and mathematics.
- The establishment of a learning environment that supports reflective thinking and a free exchange of ideas.
- The use of MAP testing to facilitate curriculum revision, differentiated instruction, and targeted student interventions.
- To monitor student progress to insure one year of growth for one year of experience.
- To provide diverse learning opportunities that result in life-long learning.
- The use of teacher feedback to encourage students to revise ideas, connect learning to life experiences, and apply learning to future work.
- The facilitation of teacher collaboration to identify and solve problems.
- To provide rich staff development opportunities to maximize student learning.
- To promote civility and mutual respect in the school environment.