:56 in 56
Gurnee School District 56 is proud of our new video series ":56 in 56" that celebrates our incredible staff and shares the stories of who they are. Each month, we will release a 56-second video that focuses on one staff member in our district. The backbone of our District is the outstanding, dedicated staff that work with our students on a daily basis. We hope you enjoy getting to know our staff better as we celebrate those who exemplify the "Spirit of 56." This month, we celebrate Ms. Christina Damos. Please click on her picture to watch her video. To view previous teachers :56 in 56 videos click on View All.
NEW SUPERINTENDENT SEARCH - Please help with the new Superintendent Search and complete the survey from School Exec Connect, an educational search firm hired by the Board of Education. The survey may be accessed here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TWWBGFT
Por favor ayudenos con la busqueda del nuevo Superintendente y complete la encuesta de School Exec Connect, es una oficina de busqueda educativa contratada por la Junta de Educacion. Acceda a la encuesta aqui: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5FZZ3GS
New Student Registration - Please come to the District Office to pick up a registration packet and schedule an appointment. If you have any questions call Patty Santoro at 847-336-0800.
Mark Your Calendars! The first day of school for the 2017-2018 school year is August 21, 2017
District 56 Vision Statement
- Student-centered learning opportunities with an emphasis on background knowledge, reading, writing, and mathematics.
- The establishment of a learning environment that supports reflective thinking and a free exchange of ideas.
- The use of MAP testing to facilitate curriculum revision, differentiated instruction, and targeted student interventions.
- To monitor student progress to insure one year of growth for one year of experience.
- To provide diverse learning opportunities that result in life-long learning.
- The use of teacher feedback to encourage students to revise ideas, connect learning to life experiences, and apply learning to future work.
- The facilitation of teacher collaboration to identify and solve problems.
- To provide rich staff development opportunities to maximize student learning.
- To promote civility and mutual respect in the school environment.