:56 in 56
Gurnee School District 56 is proud of our new video series ":56 in 56" that celebrates our incredible staff and shares the stories of who they are. Each month, we will release a 56-second video that focuses on one staff member in our district. The backbone of our District is the outstanding, dedicated staff that work with our students on a daily basis. We hope you enjoy getting to know our staff better as we celebrate those who exemplify the "Spirit of 56." This month, we celebrate Mrs. Sheila Wells. Please click on her picture to watch her video. To view previous teachers :56 in 56 videos click on View All.
Gurnee District 56 and Gurnee Park District are partnering to host a Summer Food Service Program for students from low-income families. The new program will be a continuation of the free lunch program offered to students during the school year. Student nutrition is a priority for the school and park districts, and this initiative is designed to help our neediest students to live a more healthy life.
New Student Registration - Please come to the District Office to pick up a registration packet and schedule an appointment. If you have any questions call Patty Santoro at 847-336-0800.
Proof of Residency for Returning Students is at Prairie Trail School on the following dates:
August 3rd from 10am - 2pm
August 8th from 2pm - 7pm
August 10th from 2pm - 7pm
Mark Your Calendars! The first day of school for the 2017-2018 school year is August 21, 2017
District 56 Vision Statement
- Student-centered learning opportunities with an emphasis on background knowledge, reading, writing, and mathematics.
- The establishment of a learning environment that supports reflective thinking and a free exchange of ideas.
- The use of MAP testing to facilitate curriculum revision, differentiated instruction, and targeted student interventions.
- To monitor student progress to insure one year of growth for one year of experience.
- To provide diverse learning opportunities that result in life-long learning.
- The use of teacher feedback to encourage students to revise ideas, connect learning to life experiences, and apply learning to future work.
- The facilitation of teacher collaboration to identify and solve problems.
- To provide rich staff development opportunities to maximize student learning.
- To promote civility and mutual respect in the school environment.