Welcome to Viking and River Trail Athletics
Spring 2021 District 56 Sports Information
REGISTRATION ENDS FRIDAY, APRIL 9!!
WHO: All River Trail & Viking 6th, 7th, & 8th graders are welcome!
WHEN: April 19th through May 27th
HOW: These sports will take place in-person at Viking Park behind Viking Middle School and practice time is 3:30 - 4:45pm. Please have your rides here by 4:45 to pick you up.
TRANSPORTATION: Please see the transportation question in the In-Person Expectation/Transportation Section.
ELIGIBILITY: An athlete will not be allowed to participate until a current physical is on file. If you have any questions regarding physicals, you should contact your school’s nurse’s office. Academic eligibility requirements are as follow: student is receiving a 60% or higher in ALL classes & has received at least a 2 in weekly COSL grades.
- Parents/guardians will need to complete a self-certification form before EVERY in-person practice attended (temperature check at home is included with this certification).
- Self-certification app is pre loaded on all student's iPads.
- Masks will be worn at all times.
- Face coverings must fully cover the mouth AND nose
- No sharing of personal belongings (masks, water bottles, etc)
- All athletes are to practice social distancing when engaging with coaches and teammates.
QUESTIONS: Please contact Nick Streicher (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions!