Upcoming Events at Prairie Trail School
Monday August 12th from 9:00 a.m. on - Class Lists will be posted
Friday August 16th from 3:30 - 4:30 - PT Teacher Meet and Greet/Supply Drop
Monday August 19th from 7:20 a.m. - 10:35 a.m. - First Day of Student Attendance
Tuesday August 2oth from 7:20 a.m. to 2:20 p.m. - First Full Day of Student Attendance
Wednesday September 4th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.- Prairie Trail Curriculum Night
Prairie Trail Curriculum Night - September 4th from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Please join us for the Prairie Trail Curriculum Night on Wednesday Septebmer 4th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Classroom presentations are repeated and run from 6:00 - 6:25 p.m. and 6:40 - 7:05 p.m. Curriculum Night is a great opportunity to learn more about how you can get involved at Prairie Trail School.
To share your ideas or learn about the volunteer opportunities that currently exist at Prairie Trail please be sure to visit our Family Engagement table in the main hallway.
Prairie Trail News to Use
Each week Prairie Trail School sends out a digital update on the events coming up in the next two weeks. This email is usually sent out on Friday and contains helpful information about upcoming events both at Prairie Trail and across the district/community.
If you currently do not receive this digital email, please call the school at 847-623-4333 and work with our secretaries to update the email address we have on file. You might also need to check your email settings to see if at some point you may have blocked our emails as spam.
Tips for Making the Morning Drop-Off Safe and Efficient for All
- Students can enter the school from 7:20 – 7:30 a.m. and are tardy if they are not seated in their classroom by 7:35 a.m.
- Leave home early, many families may be in a rush in the morning, by adjusting the time you leave your home, you can reduce the sense of urgency.
- Control your speed and stay in your lane.
- Encourage students to be ready to exit the car quickly.
- Pull forward past the main entrance to take advantage of the full length of the sidewalk this will allow more cars to drop simultaneously.
- Have students sit on and exit from the right side of the vehicle.
- The parking lot is for parking, trying to use it as a second drop-off lane creates safety challenges.
- The drop-off lane is for parents who stay in their vehicles, if you need to exit your car, please park your car in the parking lot.
- If you choose to park your car in the parking lot, we ask that you walk with your student to help them cross safely.
D56 is looking for Registered School Nurses to sub.
Please contact Lori Rupsch at 847-336-0800 if you are a registered nurse who would like to sub in Gurnee D56.
Needs Assessment Part 1
If you have a student at Prairie Trail, we would love for you to take this three to four question survey. The results from this survey will help us to make decisions about our instruction, professional training for staff, and supports for parents.
As part of our strategic plan, we are working to enhance parent engagement across the district. One way for parents to be engaged with the school is by providing feedback. We hope that the feedback provided will help us better meet the needs of our students and the families we serve.
We thank you in advance for your time.